About CISV Jacksonville: 2019
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Lisa Taylor at 904-646-7740
CISV Jacksonville was founded in 1976; one of 24 CISV chapters in the US; the US is among 69 participating countries.
Primary programs include:
- Village: Four-week international camp for 11-year-olds with six 16 or 17 year old Junior Counselors.
- Interchange: Family-centered exchange between two international chapters.
- Step-Up: Three-week international camp for 14 or 15 year-olds.
- Delegation Youth Meeting: Short camps featuring themes to explore intercultural issues for youth ages 12-13 or 14-15.
- Fortnight: an engaging two-week domestic summer program exploring CISV themes for US representatives only.
- Junior Counselor at a Village: Four-week international camp for 11-year-olds with six 16 or 17 year old Junior Counselors.
- Individual Youth Meeting: Short camps featuring themes to explore intercultural issues for youth age 16-18 years old.
- Seminar: Three week international camp for 17-18 year olds planned by the youth participants
- International People’s Project: Two or three week community projects with 15-25 people from around the world.
- Junior Branch: CISVers between the ages of 11 – 25 develop intercultural and leadership skills by organizing monthly educational activities (extends reach to local children who do not travel).
In 2019, our chapter hosted 52 11-year olds and their adult leaders, 7 Junior Counselors and 5 staff from 17 countries for a month-long Village.
In 2019, our chapter sent more than 63 representatives to more than 15 countries, including:
- Villages in Brazil, Norway, and Sweden (also Junior Counselors to Villages in Pennsylvania and India)
- Interchanges with Austria and the Netherlands
- Fortnight in Texas
- Youth Meetings in Colorado, Italy, and Norway
- Step-Up Camps in Denmark (Fyn and Haerlosk-Verlose), Germany, Italy and Ohio
- Seminar Camp in Sweden, Italy and Guatemala.
About CISV International
CISV International is a global organization dedicated to educating and inspiring for peace through building inter-cultural friendship, cooperation and understanding. Founded in 1950, today we are a federation of 69 Member Associations with over 200 Chapters or local groups. In over 60 years we have given countless children and young people the experience of their lives and the opportunity to build lasting friendships through our international educational programs.
CISV is a global community of dedicated volunteers creating opportunities for all ages to experience the excitement and enrichment of cultural diversity through our educational programs. We are founded on the belief that peace is possible through friendship – and that the real difference can be made by starting with children.
Check out our websites.
CISV Jacksonville: www.cisvjax.org
CISV USA: cisvusa.org
CISV International: cisv.org/