WHAT IS NATIONAL MINICAMP (NMC)?
Every Memorial Day weekend, JB USA hosts the National Mini Camp. This weekend brings together JBers from JB USA to participate in fun, educational activities that celebrate the CISV philosophy and provide an opportunity for youth to learn, grow, have fun, and build friendships. National Mini Camp is open to all JBers, age 11-25. The activities will be structured around our four educational content areas: sustainable development, diversity, conflict and resolution, and human rights.
WHY CISV University?
One of the many reasons lots of people love CISV is the learning that it fosters. So it seems only natural that at some point there would arise a “CISV University,” where CISVers from all over can come together to learn from one another! So get ready for the best for years (days) of your life, as you open the door to the world through education, dialogue, and of course, fun!
HOW DO I REGISTER?
Click on this link to register: http://events.constantcontact.com/register/event?llr=9hec5yzab&oeidk=a07eg7ukxhse35ea446
IMPORTANT CONTACT INFO AND DIRECTIONS FOR NMC WEEKEND:
Detroit Chapter Contacts: Jodi Aspey (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Julie Miller (email@example.com)
NMCC Chair: Gabriel Segar (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Emergency Numbers: Gabriel (216-712-9943), Jodi (248-459-9445), or Julie 313-682-4586
1. Although cell phone service will be strong near the campsite, we strongly discourage participants from using cell phones during camp. Participants’ phone usage will be limited only to free time. Wifi will be limited to chaperone and staff use.
2. Any non-urgent matters throughout the weekend may be emailed to the NMCC Chair or chapter contacts. In the event of an emergency, please contact one of the emergency numbers.
3. Drivers needing assistance finding or contacting the camp may call or text chapter contact Nicki Veater.
4. There will be several chapters selling CISV merchandise during NMC weekend. If your chapter is interested in bringing merchandise to sell, there needs to be one contact person responsible for the merchandise. If you are interested in purchasing merchandise, please bring cash.
5. For drivers to NMC, here is the camp address:
Howell Nature Center 1005 Triangle Lake Rd, Howell, MI 48843
More information is available at https://nmc2019.weebly.com/